Warner Bros. Discovery has set one other of its European administration groups, as Nordic chief Christina Sulebakk lays out the construction of her unit.
The likes of Pil Gundelach Brandstrup, Magnus Vatn, Axel Eriksson and Katja Santala have landed key country-based content material roles within the shake-up, whereas Rebecca Rørmark, Sanny Ekstrand and Johan Mannerhill are the very best profile exits. Final month, Deadline revealed Nordics originals chief Christian Wikander was among the many 29 departing WBD’s European manufacturing staff as a part of a swap to a territory-first mannequin.
WBD’s Nordics operation spans a number of Discovery-branded linear channels and HBO Max, which launched final 12 months however will probably be changed with a service that additionally incorporates Discovery+ in coming months. It additionally has in depth native manufacturing operations.
Of these departing, WBD mentioned Rørmark had “determined to discover new alternatives” however will head up advertising of the Discovery channel portfolio, commerce advertising for HBO Max and publicity “throughout a interval of transition,” whereas SVP of Operations Ekstrand is exiting after 4 years, having spent the previous two in an “vital position in constructing the Nordic technique and operation.” Mannerhill, Basic Supervisor Nordics for Dwelling Leisure & Video games, is leaving after a decade at Warner Bros.’s Nordic arm. WBD is known to be hiring a substitute for Rørmark.
The total line up is as follows
- Pil Gundelach Brandstrup — overseeing content material and planning throughout the Nordics, in addition to persevering with as content material lead for Denmark.
- Magnus Vatn (Norway), Axel Eriksson (Sweden) and Katja Santala (Finland) — stay as nation content material leads.
- Lina Friman — stays in control of planning, reporting to Gundelach Brandstrup.
- Roni Patel — chargeable for content material licensing.
- Kasper Kryger — chargeable for the advert gross sales enterprise within the area.
- Jesper Steenberg — chargeable for a newly consolidated distribution staff.
- Tore Fredrik Dreyer — heads up distribution for theatrical, video games and residential leisure.
- Jessie Ross Skarvad — chargeable for advertising and publicity of theatrical, video games and residential leisure.
- Francois Simonetta — will proceed to supervise client merchandise for the area, working carefully with the Nordics management staff and reporting into world manufacturers and expertise.
- Morten Johannessen — continues to supervise the sports activities operation throughout the Nordics.
A head of monetary, operations, analysis and insights will probably be appointed shortly, whereas authorized, individuals and tradition, and company comms execs will probably be introduced at a later stage.
Administration constructions within the UK and Eire and Germany have already been set, as David Zaslav’s worldwide bosses refocus native operations following the merger of Warner Bros. and Discovery earlier this 12 months.
Sulebakk, who was named Nordics Basic Supervisor in June having beforehand been Basic Supervisor of HBO Max EMEA, mentioned: “The Nordics is a extremely developed media market and Warner Bros. Discovery is among the main media companies within the area, reaching tens of millions of individuals day by day with high-quality content material and merchandise. Up to now few months, I’ve had the pleasure of assembly so many gifted individuals, and I’m assured that WBD will develop into a good stronger company within the years forward. The potential is extraordinarily thrilling and immediately I’m pleased to announce the management staff that may assist me in delivering continued development for WBD within the Nordics.”