Hi there and welcome again to Fairness, a podcast concerning the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This week Alex was again with Grace and our new producer Theresa Loconsolo to kick off the week. This Monday morning we recorded proper earlier than Garry Tan introduced that he was heading again to Y Combinator as its President. Dang.
However we nonetheless had a superb sheaf of issues to speak about!
- Shares usually are not having a superb day world wide, after having a reasonably robust final Friday. It’s hardly bullish for the IPO market.
- Issues weren’t significantly better in crypto-land, the place bitcoin and ether are off from their week-ago costs, and NFT volumes stay muted.
- And talking of quiet, startup information — Y Combinator aside! — was modest over the weekend. It seems that the August slowdown is each actual, and right here. Frankly startups may use a shot within the arm to get enterprise again nearer to 2021’s stage of madness. Can the Instacart IPO that we count on be the wanted catalyst?
- One other potential catalyst of Good Vibes that we’re monitoring is whether or not, and when Tether’s audit lastly does occur.
- Additionally within the information: Honda goes to spend massive to construct batteries in the USA; Indian cell connectivity is ready to enhance within the subsequent yr; and Meta and Indian conglomerate Reliance are teaming up for ecommerce.
Fairness is again Wednesday Thursday for a stay present! Chat quickly!